Coláiste An Phiarsaigh was established in 1988 in Gaoth Dobhair, in the heart of the Donegal Gaeltacht by Cáit & Seán Mac Suibhne, both of whom are native Irish speakers and secondary school Irish teachers.
Over the last 31 years we have built up excellent relationships with local mná tí and provided unforgettable gaeltacht experiences for many young people, while fostering a passion and enthusiasm for Irish language and culture. We have an excellent network of past pupils and staff who will attest to this, and look forward every summer to making more memories and speaking Irish with new groups of young people from across the country. The Coláiste is based in Dún Lúiche at the foot of mount Errigal, in the heart of Gleantán Glás Gaoth Dobhair, the most vibrant and lively Gaeltacht region in the country!
Why Choose Coláiste An Phiaraigh?
10 Reasons to Choose Coláiste an Phiarsaigh
- Small numbers –increases our ability to give students personal attention and maximise safety.
- Positive feedback and excellent results achieved by past pupils. >90% of students stated that their Irish language improved as a result of the course.
- Make new friends.
- A vibrant Gaeltacht area where the language is very much alive, celebrated and spoken.
- Water Sports.
- Excellent, handpicked teachers with fluent Irish and creative teaching ideas.
- Over 30 years experience of providing young people with memorable and fruitful Gaeltacht experiences.
- Some of the best, most generous mná tí in the country.
- Ceilís classes.
- Discover one of the most beautiful parts of the country – Gaoth Dobhair.